OEM motorcycle parts make your machine faster and give you an edge in safety, wherever you are riding. Good riding techniques improve your rides, too, whether you are on the a two-lane road or six-land freeway. Here are 10 tips to put you in the best position.
- Take advantage of the smaller size of a motorcycle, allowing you to position yourself anywhere in the lane. Unlike a car, you are not limited to remaining in the middle of a lane just to stay within the lines.
- Know the rule of thirds when it comes to lane positioning: left, right and center. In different situations, being in the proper third of a lane increases your safety and space cushion.
- Understand how the rule of thirds can give you an extra space cushion, especially when you are in a vehicle’s blind spot.
- Make use of a Mikuni carburetor to give your bike some extra noise for a bigger presence on the road.
- When following a car, stay in the center third of the lane so your headlight is more visible.
- When it is safe, move your position within the lane to attract attention. This also allows you to judge when you are in a driver’s blind spot.
- When there is a vehicle on either side of you, stay in the middle of the lane. This is not an ideal situation, but it is the best can you do.
- Constantly consider your optimal position. In some cases, it makes sense to speed up or slow down to improve your lane position.
- Consider how your lane position appears to other drivers. If you are in a certain position it could be a signal that you are about to pass or turn.
- Practice your lane positioning skills on each ride.
To increase your safety and enjoyment, buy motorcycle parts online. You’ll get the best price and largest selection.